Friday, April 18, 2008

This morning I woke up to my dog barking at some moose that have been making regular visits to my front yard. I took this picture the other day. This is this years calf, I think. He is very small, he would have followed me right into my house if I let him! I thought that the mother had died because she wasn't around but after I had taken a bunch of pictures and video and gone back inside the house, she came strolling around the Suburban. They like to nibble at the goodies in my garden. I have crabapple trees that line our driveway that are encased in fencing material in the winter, otherwise they would be chewed down to stumps I suspect. It kind of resembles a prison camp of sorts when you drive up to our house.

6 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Alright, I got an error trying to leave you a message... said a duplication error, that this post has already been done. OKAYYYYYYY!

Anyway, I said, what a cool moose picture and I'm glad it didn't come into the house!!!!

Connie Marie said...

I said a prayer for your finters and hands!

Connie Marie said...

lol ... fingers

Marie VW said...

That is such a great moose picture. He looks pretty curious about you. He's probably saying, "come with us, we can bust you out of this prison camp."

Farrah said...

Have you read the children's book, "If you give a moose a muffin?" Haha! This post SO reminds me of that!

I visited your mom's blog for the first time just now and saw her post about you! I'm fairly new to blogging myself, been doing it almost 3 months. It's very fun!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Constance said...

WOW! The closest thing that I have that wants to come inside is the armadillo that tears up my yeard looking for grubs! Nasty little thing! What a cool picture!
Connie