Thursday, April 17, 2008

So I was visiting my Mom's blog today and saw this little quiz on her blog. I am a colon! Woo Hoo...I think! Sounds kinda gross.
I worked on my basket some more last night. It is coming along. Slowly but surely. Mom, Marie, and Calli all finished theirs. Gunner's birthday is on Saturday and everyone will be here for dinner so I am trying to get mine done before then. I'll post a picture when it is finished.
Gunner will be turning 6 years old. He wants to go to Chucky Cheese (gag!), and then have a pinata at home afterwards, and then go swimming at H2Oasis. Haha. He has some big plans for Saturday.
I have 9 weddings that I am planning this year so far. It has been alot of fun for the most part. Sometimes the logistics part of the planning gets tiresome for me but the creative part is always exciting. Chris says he knows when I am thinking about a wedding because I always get a certain look. He can see my brain wheels turning! Right now I am brainstorming ways to dress up a cute little jar of homemade jam as favors for a wedding.
I am homeschooling my boys, today is test day for Tucker who is in first grade. It has been pretty great homeschooling them so far. Chris and I decided to take it one year at a time. That is a much easier way to look at it vs. thinking of teaching them all through school. They will be starting baseball soon which I think will be a lot of fun for them. Gunner and Tucker are both in Karate right now. Tucker is an orange belt and Gunner is a yellow belt. They are really cute to watch!

7 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Wow, homemade jam for a wedding favor, that's coming a long ways from candied almonds for wedding favors, and much more enjoyable!!!

Karla, I am happy that you have a blog, it's going to be fun!

Marie VW said...

I really like that picture of Calvin all set to concoct something homemade. Cute picture.

Connie Marie said...

I like what you've been doing here! Cool picture of the guys!

Sarah said...

Karla...how fun that you're blogging!! I've been enjoying it, now that I got the kinks worked out and have gotten the hang of it. I love posting quick updates and fun little things. The boys and I are looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!

hashbrowns said...

I found your blog! I'm so glad you're here! I love your pictures...

Sarah Brown

Constance said...

Good Morning Karla from the Lone Star State! I am a bloggy friend of your Mom's and it's nice to see your blog! All 3 of my daughters have a blog and it's a great way for me to keep up with their busy lives, especially the one that lives back home in Missouri! I'm looking forward to seeingyour creatvity as well as Grammaloo's cute grandkids! We too are in the midst of planning a wedding for our youngest daughter Laura lou this October. She has just changed her mind for theumpteenth time on the bridesmads dresses! I'm glad that she has no say in what I am going to wear! She's wearing me out!
Connie

Unknown said...

Hi, I hopped over from your mom's blog. Your kiddos are real cutie pies!
So you plan wedding? I just love the movie with Jennifer Lopez, "The Wedding Planner"! Do you think you will ever post photos of some of your weddings? That would be neat.
I homeschool my boys also. My eldest has graduated and has completed one year of college. My second is 10 and is finishing the 4th grade. It has been great for our family, but I concede, it may not be for all families!
Blessings and have a great celebration with your big boy!