Monday, January 5, 2009

Beauty and the Beast


Chris here. I had a 4 hour allergy appointment today. Four hours in a little room with nothing to do but stare out the window. Luckily I was on the 4th floor with a southern view of the snow capped mountains, spruce trees laden with clumps of snow, and birch branches blooming with rime. It was a picture so peaceful, quiet, still and strikingly beautiful that the creation of God could not be quieted. I'm so fortunate to live in this blessed state where everyday I'm reminded of the presence of God's through his creation. After the appointment I started my hour commute home. It was -12 and dropping, my car has no heater, I had gloves on with hot hands inserted inside, my fur lined bomber hat strapped around my head, and my down coat zipped to the top of my neck when I asked myself why do I live in this God forsaken state!