Friday, March 20, 2009

Ode to my car


My car..... it's gone sniff sniff. I sold it today for a thousand dollars. It had 292,222 miles on it; my goal was 300,000- I WAS SOOO CLOSE! I can't say I feel good about letting it go; I've spent more one on one time with it than most of my family. I purchased it 2 months after Tucker was born; he's now 8. For a long time it was Karla and my only vehicle. We had some good talks on the drives back and forth to Anchorage. It's probably the best listener I've ever known. I've camped in it (ya it wasn't comfortable) gone fishing in it, even a lot of hunting trips up to Baldie.
The heater went out at the beginning of summer and I toughed it out until a February; even through the -30 degree cold snap. My neighbor ended up buying it; which I have a bag of mixed feelings about. It will pain me when he says, " Broke 300,000 in it!", but at the same time I hope it does because if it breaks down in the next few thousand miles I'd feel bad. It's been a great car; ironically consumer reports named the 1999 Ford Taurus "One to avoid".

No comments: