Friday, August 15, 2008

Our 12th Anniversary

I LOVE THIS MAN!! The longer I know him the more I love him.
Chris and I had an awesome 12th anniversary weekend. We left on Saturday morning for Homer and spent Sunday in Halibut Cove and then took a leisurely drive back home on Monday. So Sweet!!

We had so many things just work out for us this weekend, if they hadn't worked out the way they had this weekend could have been quite frustrating. For example, on our drive to Homer it was P O U R I N G. At one time I couldn't make out where the ruts in the road were because the rain was glaring off of the road so bad. Honestly, staying in the ruts was the only way I knew I was on the road! ...for real chris. :)


When we got to Homer and checked into our hotel room, which was beautiful and right on the beach(we stayed in one of those new condos at the end of the spit in a bottom unit),
we found out that the Danny J was completely booked until Monday night. Aaahh! The whole reason for going to Homer was to go to Halibut Cove. We were told to call Central Charters and see if they had any cancellations in the morning, or if we knew anyone over there we could get a water taxi to take us. We know Jane and Zach Keller but didn't have any phone numbers for them, didn't know if they were even in Halibut cove.... the lady at the info counter said that she heard it was supposed to rain anyway and it isn't much fun to go in the rain. I think she was trying to make us feel better.

So on Sunday morning we woke up to sunshine and warm breezy, tropical like weather. I called anyone I could think of that would have cell numbers for them and finally got ahold of Sarah Coke who said that she thought Jane and Zach might even be over there right now!! I got April's (Zach's sister) number from Sarah and April in turn called Zach to let him know we were in Homer. In the meantime we had walked over to the Danny J office to see if maybe they had a number for the Keller's in there files or something and they told us that they had two spots open up!! Wooo Hoooo! We were so excited!

We jumped right on the boat and enjoyed the ride over to Halibut Cove. The boat took us around Gull Island which is very cool. Completely covered with birds...watch your heads! It was fun to see it but we picked up a bunch of unwanted passengers while we were there too, flies. The flies stayed with us all the rest of the way to the cove but left as soon as we got of the boat. We had lunch right away at the Sultry. Very unique restaurant with an outdoor fireplace and deck built right into the side of a rock. The food was delish! After we finished with lunch we tried to get ahold the Keller's again and was able to talk with April who said that she told Zach that we were there and gave us directions to their very cool cabin! A million dollar view from up there! Since we were able to hook up with Zach we were able to stay at the cove a few hours more and do some beachcombing. I found a mug handle. Chris found an eagle feather and some cool shells. Have I mentioned how much I love him? We had such great time together, I wished it would last forever...but the tide was coming in and we apparently were on a private beach. Some lady and her dog shooed us away.

Zach brought us back to Homer right about dinner time so we went to "Fat Olives" which was recommended to us by Chris' boss. The food was fantastic, really! I highly recommend the restaurant. The price was right too.


The next beautiful sunny morning we got up and took a walk on the beach and saw some people fishing for flounder, starfish, and lots of boats. It was so relaxing. Definately a weekend I'll remember fondly for years and years. I love you Chris, I'm so glad God put you in my life!

We were able to enjoy this weekend because I have awesome sisters and friends. Marie took on the kids all weekend and then Kim and Sarah C. watched the kiddos on Monday. Thanks so much you guys!!

I am truly lucky to have you!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun post, and again, I marvel that we were married on the very same day in the very same year! You guys are our marriage twins...even three boys and a girl...in that order!
I enjoyed watching the boys on Monday and I'm so glad to hear that you had an amazing 12th anniversary.

Connie Marie said...

Fun anniversary for you two, glad you had the time.

I think Chris in the top picture is Gunner all growed up!

Marie said...

I like that top picture. Very artistic. It was fun spending some time with the kids while you were away. I should have took a picture of the massive fort we built in your living room. I don't know if I will ever repeat that endeavor without some tools and nails. I was glad when they finally fell asleep in their individual compartments underneath the sheets and blankets and I got a break from being the repair woman.