Wednesday, May 14, 2008


I just returned from 4 days out in Pedro Bay. I love that place! Not only does Pedro Bay have gorgeous scenery of mountains and crystal clear lakes, but I love the people there. I am particularly partial to the Jensens (the Becca and Keith clan). They are a solid, loving family and always ready to help others. Their faith in Jesus Christ is clearly evident in their actions. Bianca had her graduation on Monday and I flew in on Saturday to help decorate for it. Bianca has come out to Wasilla several times to help me with my summer weddings and has always been such a huge help and relief to me. I was so glad to be able to come and help set up for her graduation.

I have had some people comment that they would like for me to post about my events and the details so here we go. We brought in this roll of white plastic that looks alot like fabric and hung it from the center of the ceiling and draped it to the sides. It gave a tent like feel to the room and blocked the basketball hoops and other gym stuff. Then we hung paper lanterns of different sizes and different heights from the ceiling too. Each lantern had individual battery operated lights in them. We also draped a burgandy fabric from the sides and strung up some more paper lantern lights. For the center flowers we used curly willow and attached magenta colored dendrobium orchids to make "flowering trees".
Becca worked for days, literally, on the food. Which was so tasty!! We had three punches, coffee, tea, pot stickers, shrimp dumplings, crackers and cheese, salmon mousse bruchetta's, seafood dip and crackers, fruit, vegetables, and my favorites- chocolate covered strawberries, and blueberry desserts. Oh, and we did have some gorgeous cakes that were locally made in Illiamna.
After the graduation was over the village decided to make use of the decorations, which looked awesome when the gym lights were turned off, and have a dance. Several kids and adults came and joined in the fun. My only regret.....No ABBA!?! DUDE!! :) Good times.

1 comment:

Connie Marie said...

I love it, you did so very well! Sounds like the food was incredible. Did Marje make the blueberry dessert? YUM!