Tuesday, September 15, 2009

pig races

The kids look forward to the fair every year. This year we tried out the scarecrow contest and the boys teamed up with the Coke boys. Being pretty competitive by nature I have to admit that it was sooooo hard not to jump in there and completely take over their project. But they did a great job. They were the proud creators of "Big head scarecrow".


The kids also went to watch their first pig race. They each took a moment to check out the quality of the racers before choosing the one they would root for.


It is quite obvious who Tucker chose to root for. Gunner and Calvin's choice was behind the front runner #2.


Tucker: "Come on #2!, oh man, is he faltering?"
Gunner: "Oh, here is your chance little pig...#2 is stumbling..."


Tucker: "Oh Man!!! He fell! Shoot!"
Gunner: "Oh yeah, #2 is out of the game, go fast little one!"


Tucker: (maybe my bro's didn't see that I was rooting for #2)
Gunner: "Oh! so close! My little pig got second. That darn #5 pig won"



Tucker: "I really was rooting for #5 you know...I was just saying #2 because...I felt sorry for #2 you know..#5 was my first pick for real"
Gunner: "Tucker's pig won..."



Tucker: "Yea, see I had this connection with #5 from the first...."
Gunner: "wait, huh?.."



Gunner: (Wait a minute, that doesn't make sense, I heard him voting for #2...right?)
Tucker: (Cause a diversion before questioning) "Hey, what's over this way?"

Good times!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

FUNNY...;-) and the pics are great, too.